Commissions by L James
Look no further for great art of your (or a friend's) characters! Crisp quality and quick communication and turnaround guaranteed. Just review the following information, then fill out the form below for a fast quote and to take the first step towards receiving cool art.
Please review the commission status and read the prices, terms, subjects, and process information before submitting an inquiry.
- Status & Queue
- Examples & Prices
- Terms of Service
- Subjects & Will/Won't
- Process Overview
- Commission Inquiry Form
Commissions are closed.
- No queue right now!
Waiting list: 0
Examples & Prices
Each commission includes:
- A completed PNG image of your character with a transparent background
- A small web-sized version of the image with no watermark
- A high resolution version of the image with no watermark
- Noncommercial rights to use the image (see Terms of Service for more information)
- Credit and links to your profile or website
Commissions are currently closed. Check back later for specific types and prices!
Terms of Service
If you're interested in commissioning me, read these terms first! They cover your rights, my rights, and what to expect. By purchasing a commission, you certify that you accept to these terms.
By purchasing a commission, you certify that:
- you are at least 18 years old.
- you have permission to use the character you wish to commission art of.
- you will not use the finished art for any offensive, inflammatory, illegal, or hateful purpose.
- you will not hold me responsible for what you choose to do with the finished art, or for your actions involving the finished art in any way.
- you will not claim that you created the finished art.
- I take payment by PayPal only, and I'll send a money request once a commission has been accepted. Please do not attempt to send me a payment!
- I won’t start until I have received full payment.
- Once I’ve received payment, I will draw what was agreed upon.
- Commissions are not refundable if you cancel or wish to change your commission to something less expensive after you've paid.
- I will offer full refunds only if I cannot complete the commission within the agreed-upon time (three weeks, unless another timeframe was agreed on) or if I get started and believe I cannot do a good job on the commission for whatever reason.
- Asking for major changes or additions after I've started may result in extra fees, which are dependent on how much time I've already put in and how much needs to be changed.
- I will charge a fee of $10 for each website you do not want me to post to. I post finished art to l-james.com, deviantART, Weasyl, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter, and may choose to post elsewhere in the future.
- I offer two or three free minor edits at each stage of the commission. If the changes are major or if I need to go back four or more times to change something, I will charge extra fees. Please mention as many minor changes as possible in one edit.
- For any text information, such as the "Suggestions" and "Additional Info" fields in the commission form, try to be unambiguous if you have specific ideas. I can work with loose ideas, but the result might not be what you had in mind and any edits will delay your commission.
- Allow for three weeks from the time of payment for me to complete something. It likely will not take that long, but I like to account for unexpected interruptions. If I take longer than three weeks, I’ll refund your payment, though I may still attempt to finish the picture.
- The three week time limit doesn't include time I spend waiting for feedback at each stage of the commission, nor does it include extra time spent on major edits. Please be decided on your commission details before paying and check your email regularly (including junk, just in case) so I can finish your art in a timely manner!
- I will show you a small watermarked version of the picture at each stage - lines, flat color, and full color. At each of these stages, I will allow one or two minor changes (expression, colors, and so on) free of charge.
- By default, you have the right to use your commissioned art for personal use only. I do not offer commercial rights at this time.
- By purchasing a commission, you grant me the right to post the finished art to my website and any of my social media with credit and a link to the buyer/character owner. If you'd rather not have me post the art, let me know beforehand and I will charge an additional fee.
- If you wish to buy a commission of another person’s character, I will assume you have their permission to do so. As the person making the request, you assume responsibility for the use of all characters involved in your commission.
L's Mail List
- When you contact me about a commission, I'll check your email address against my Mail List. If you're on the list, I will automatically apply the Mail List discount for you and alert you to any other discounts you are eligible for.
- If you indicate that you would like to be subscribed, you grant me permission to manually add your email address to the list.
- You must use a subscribed email address to contact me if you want commission discounts. Mentioning a different email address that is on the list won't work - I want proof that you are the owner of the email address being used for the discount!
By purchasing a commission, you agree that you have accepted all of the above terms.
Jump to top ↑
Subjects & Will/Won't
I will be more likely to draw some types of characters and subject matter than others. If you're not sure about your own character, email me and ask!
Things I will happily draw
- Anthro/furry characters
- Uncovered bodies (as long as it does not involve genitals or any fetishized body parts) *
- Small amounts of blood
- Minor injuries (e.g. scratches and bruises)
Things I might draw, or case-by-case subjects
- Mechanical stuff
- Complex armor and outfits
- Complex textures or patterns (the nature of vector art can make this difficult)
- Anatomically unusual characters, such as some aliens or original species
- Babies/child characters
- Fan characters (e.g. your Argonian character, Charr main, Gemsona, etc.)
Things I will not draw
- Offensive/hateful content
- Porn or adult situations
- Genitals or anuses
- Anything that involves a fetish or that I perceive as involving a fetish **
- Excessive blood
- Gore/excessive violence
- Bodily wastes, fluids, other byproduct, or anything else commonly perceived as unacceptably unsanitary
- Stuff that makes me uncomfortable or that I think will make my audience uncomfortable
- Commercial characters, such as Mickey Mouse, Harry Potter, Mario, Pokemon, and so forth
- Likenesses of real people
In the end, these are guidelines and I have the right to turn down any commission request with or without an explanation.
Important note: Some characters may have alternative or unexpected anatomy or gender expression, and that is fine! However, I will automatically turn down any request that uses slurs or fetishizing terms against LGBTQIA+ individuals to describe these characters (including but not limited to: dickgirl, cuntboy, tranny, futa, herm, etc.)
A note on bodies:
* I will draw uncovered heads, limbs and extremities, torsos, breasts (with or without nipples), bottoms, tails, whatever you like, as long as it's not actual genitals or portrayed in a way I perceive as fetishized.
A note on fetishes:
** We all have our kinks, and I'm not going to shame anyone for their preferences. However, these are often extremely subjective and have a good chance of alienating people who aren't into them - for this reason, I don't want to draw them and post them on my website. Thank you for understanding!
Jump to top ↑
Here is roughly how you can expect the commission process to go.
- You read these the terms and other information on this page in its entirety, as well as review prices.
- Fill out the commission form completely and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will review the form, ask for more details if necessary, and if I accept the commission I will give you a price and ask your permission to request a payment of that amount.
- If you agree to the price, I will send a payment request through PayPal for the amount to the email address you provided.
- As soon as you pay me, I will get started on drawing!
- I will send you small watermarked images for review at each stage of the commission - sketch, lines, flat color, and shading. Please point out corrections to be made as soon as possible - for example, pointing out a problem with the character's pose in the sketch stage instead of the fully-colored stage. This will ensure I can get your commission done as quickly as possible.
- If there need to be multiple changes made, please point out as many as possible so I can correct them all at once. I will not go back and edit the picture more than three or four times per stage.
- You can request changes free of charge for legitimate mistakes on my part, but major changes from what was agreed upon before payment will result in extra charges depending on complexity, to be paid before I continue.
- Once the final stage is finished, I'll send you the small watermarked file for review. As soon as you accept the final version, I'll send you a medium-sized file and a high-resolution file. If you'd like additional sizes, you may request them. I won't crop the image for you for banners, icons, etc. - you may use the art in these things, but you must make them yourself.
- Unless we made other arrangements at the beginning, you may use the art for whatever personal purpose you like, and I will upload it to my website and social pages.
Jump to top ↑
Commissions are currently closed. Please check back later!
Jump to top ↑